Complex Networks is looking for someone to join our team as the Social Designer. The length of this position will be only 30 days.
* Work collaboratively within a team environment on a variety of original social assets
* Work alongside social editors to brainstorm and execute content ideas, shepherding work from concept to final delivery, at times within tight deadlines
* Translate editorial content into high-impact social content
* Play an integral role in pushing and developing Complex’s visual identity through experimental and adventurous image-making
* Incorporate best design practices into all creative work, ensuring the complete and timely delivery of all assigned assets
* Contribute to an inclusive and supportive team culture, while being adept at taking and giving constructive feedback
* Stay up-to-date with current design and social media trends and techniques, sharing information and inspiration with fellow designers
* Minimum 3 years of professional design experience at a design firm, agency, publication, or media company, with an emphasis on image making and visual communication
* A natural ability to collaborate with others and thrive under pressure
* Must have strong knowledge of hip hop, entertainment, and pop culture, and must know the Complex brand
* A refined, stylish approach to typography, illustration, and layout compatible with the Complex Networks aesthetic
* Must be imaginative, resourceful, and able to handle multiple projects efficiently and to a high standard
* Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
* Ability to work independently and methodically to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
* Proficiency with Illustrator and Photoshop for digital image-making is a must
* Motion graphics experience with After Effects is a major plus
Complex Networks offers an awesome casual work environment with a great team of smart, motivated, innovative and fun people. We hold tons of events throughout the year including happy hours and team building activities.
Complex Networks develops and distributes original programming for its channels and through output deals with premium distributors. The company cultivates content that spans across popular culture from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food, reaching the coveted 18-24-year-old male audience. In 2016, the company launched ComplexCon in Long Beach, California, to bring the “Internet to life.” The annual event attracts over 200 culture-shifting brands and over 60,000 digitally savvy attendees to the two-day cultural festival.