At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. We’re a global footwear and apparel brand with roots in New Zealand and our headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, we’ve been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, and sustainability aren’t mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. And as a certified B Corp, we’re dedicated to making the most sustainable products we can using premium natural materials - designed for life’s everyday adventures.
Where we need help
Allbirds is seeking a talented Art Director to join our growing team. We're looking for a creative, forward-thinking, and highly skilled designer to be responsible for developing concepts, designing into campaigns, and partnering with creative leadership on developing the brand. You will be executing on a variety of creative projects from ideas to production to post-production. This role will support our creative, marketing, and performance teams and produce world-class campaigns that will live across our digital channels, from email to youtube to TV.
What does the job entail?
* Collaborate with the Creative Director, in-house art director, editors, film directors, and graphic designers to bring stories and concepts to life.
* Create original campaigns rooted in sustainability.
* Inspire the brand through the creation of seasonal color and core product campaigns.
* Own local location photography.
* Build and maintain networks of world-class photographers and creatives.
* Responsible for Homepage, Landing Page, PLPs, PDPs, and emails.
* Direct, edit and oversee the delivery of all photographic assets produced by the in-house studio, including mannequin, product details, and on model photography and film.
* Manage and maintain the photography studio and freelance network, which includes photographers, stylists, models, and set designers.
* Develop the technical capabilities of the in-house studio inline with the brand's ambition to capture and present our product.
* Drive weekly presentations of initial concepts and mood-boards through to final photographic executions for crucial campaigns and products
* Stay on top of trend developments and industry competition.
* Create style guides for particular campaigns as it relates to lockups, graphics, and motion treatments
* Develop thoughtful, creative work that relates to the overall strategy
* Help evolve and elevate the Allbirds' brand by creating and maintaining a high visual bar across all digital touch points.
What kind of person are we looking for?
* Please do not apply without 10+ years of experience working in design on global campaigns.
* Understanding of the process that takes the insights from the product, markets, and customers and takes it from concept to execution - storyboard - location - casting - styling - photography and film.
* Comfortable with sound editing and light color correction
* Experience in being a thought partner with senior creatives to brainstorm and collaborate on concepts and direction
* You are an expert in Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
* Are an independent, collaborative partner who can handle multiple projects with minimal oversight
* Strong knowledge of digital, social, and video content
* Strong typography, visual, and experience design sensibilities.
* You will be required to work in our San Francisco photo studio environment several times a month
What can we offer?
* Competitive Hourly Rate
* Special Employee Pricing
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.