We are seeking a Head of the award-winning Atlantic Re:think Creative Studio to lead the strategy, conception, and design of extraordinary experiences, products, campaigns, and services. This critical role demands an insatiable, intentional, inspired, and oftentimes, flat-out magical leader, always willing to push an idea, a design, or a concept to the outermost edges.
The ideal candidate is an other-worldly storyteller and team leader, who has consistently spearheaded creative, first-of-their-kind campaigns. This person will be responsible for Atlantic Re:think and report directly to our Publisher & Chief Revenue Officer.
What you’ll do:
* Manage and mentor three teams of creatives—including writers, editors, developers, designers, and video producers—to produce content on behalf of and with our brand partners
* Work with a broad range of brands from automotive, tech, and entertainment, to healthcare, consulting, and financial services to interpret and translate the journalistic sensibility of The Atlantic into compelling and effective creative work on behalf of brands
* Work cross-functionally with sales and marketing in proposal development, concepting, and building client relationships
* Responsible for overseeing large scale productions; identifying, sourcing and working with leading talent.
* Join high-level meetings with sales and lead pitches to clients as necessary.
* Support Project Management team and Re:think department heads in scoping of program deliverables, including staffing, timelines, and budgets.
* Responsible for delivery of assets within agreed upon time and budget parameters.
* Act as a key member of the management team, contributing to broader organizational and business strategies while helping to ensure our work and team stay competitive.
* Elevate each piece of work we create by upholding the highest quality standards in the industry
* Speak on behalf of Re:think in the market, maintaining a regular presence at industry events as well as identify new opportunities to build recognition and garner acclaim
Who you are:
* Egoless and confident leading custom content collaboration on large and small scale partnerships with brands
* Visionary and strategic in your ideation, tactical and precise in your execution —with a deep sense of accountability and purpose and a portfolio to reflect this
* An insatiably curious, big-thinker with the ability to develop original ideas from the DNA of a brand that will resonate with The Atlantic's audience
* Comfortable working closely and cooperatively with a variety of internal constituencies, as well as interfacing with clients and other external colleagues (e.g., vendors, agency contacts.)
* An extraordinary leader, manager, coach, and advocate who can motivate a team, develop talent, and get the best out of staff
* An exceptional communicator and listener with an ability to craft persuasive arguments both verbally and in writing
* An avid consumer of culture, in all its forms. You have a firm understanding of historical reference across a variety of disciplines, and are constantly searching for the latest-and-greatest talent and ideas.
* A strong analyst and strategist who understands how and when to use relevant insights and/or data about our enterprise and audience
* Dedicated to producing exceptional and innovative creative work that will bring The Atlantic brand prestige, attract new revenue, and encourage partner renewal
* Hold the conviction that high-quality journalism is fundamentally important—and have the desire to help it thrive